As we have seen, pandemics are a unique type of threat – they last for months, provide new insights every week, and require organizations to adapt every day. In responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic and current economic challenges, a Task Force has been created to comprehensively assess and identify the extent of economic distress that local communities in the Treasure Coast Region are experiencing.
The COVID-19 Response and Recovery Task Force will operate under the Sunshine Law at the direction of the Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) Committee of the Treasure Coast Economic Development District. The purpose of the CEDS Committee, in accordance with U.S. Economic Development Administration Guidelines for Economic Development Districts (1992), is to oversee and guide District-wide economic development planning. The CEDS Committee is under the authority of the Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council, which serves as the regional Economic Development District. All meetings of the Task Force will be duly noticed and open to the public.
A. Purpose and Responsibilities
1. The Task Force will be responsible for the development of a COVID-19 Response and Recovery Plan that, upon approval by the Council, will be incorporated into the current Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Plan for the Treasure Coast Region.
2. The Task Force Members are expected to share information with one another during Task Force meetings as it pertains to response and recovery efforts related to the economic impacts resulting from the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Membership on the COVID-19 Task Force is based on the following:
1. There must be at least one member from each of the four counties of the Treasure Coast Region (Indian River, Martin, Palm Beach and St. Lucie).
2. Council staff will recruit individuals to serve on the Task Force. In addition, CEDS Committee Members can make recommendations for Task Force membership.
3. Task Force Members will be drawn from the range of groups noted below, with a goal of having representation from a variety of groups:
a. CEDS Committee Members
b. Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council Board Members
c. Local government representatives
d. Chambers of Commerce
e. Special purpose economic development agencies and councils
f. Workforce development boards
g. Other industry representatives
If you are interested in becoming a member of the COVID-19 Response and Recovery Task Force please fill out the form at the link below by Friday, May 14, 2021.
For more information about the COVID-19 Response and Recovery Task Force, please contact:
Terry Ann Paulo, Disaster Economic Recovery Coordinator | Phone: (772) 221-4060 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org