The Village of North Palm Beach (Village), in collaboration with the Palm Beach Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), seeks to study and implement ways to improve mobility, quality of life, and economic vitality of the Village. In its FY 2016 Council Goals and Objectives, the Village has articulated Goal 5 which states, “Develop a master plan for economic development in our business districts and community development in our neighborhoods.” Specifics of this Goal include holding a public charrette, review of the Village Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Regulations, preparation of a market study and economic strategies, develop a master plan with specific recommendations and renderings, and complete the plan by FY 2016.
The Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council (TCRPC) has been requested to assist the Village in coordinating a meaningful public involvement process and conduct an economic development and urban design charrette to assist the Village in accomplishing its goals.
The project area for the Village of North Palm Beach Master Plan is focused on, but not limited to, the Village of North Palm Beach municipal boundaries, the US 1 and Northlake Boulevard corridors, and any areas outside the Village where additional analysis would benefit the master planning efforts.
The key elements of the TCRPC Economic Development and Urban Design Charrette shall include:
1. The creation of a physical master plan for the Village which considers infill and redevelopment opportunities;
2. A review of the land use and development regulations in order to recommend improvements and ways to incent desired redevelopment and business creation;
3. The development of a Market Overview which reviews existing market conditions, demographics, and analyzes key market trends within the Village and relevant areas within the region;
4. A detailed assessment of the current and future vehicular volumes on US 1 and potential application for the Florida Department of Transportation’s Lane Elimination Process;
5. A community-based vision for desirable economic and redevelopment growth for the Village of North Palm Beach.
6. Coordination with all relevant agencies, including but not limited to the Palm Beach Metropolitan Planning Organization, Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) District IV, Palm Beach County, and adjacent municipalities.